MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: add a registration setting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi.
I'm starting a forum for my high school. I need to add a field that people have to fill in upon registration where they have to type their real full name. Also, the same name can only be used once.
The forum nhs.shovehost.com

Thanks for any help!
(2011-06-21, 06:23 PM)shovenose Wrote: [ -> ]Hi.
I'm starting a forum for my high school. I need to add a field that people have to fill in upon registration where they have to type their real full name. Also, the same name can only be used once.
The forum nhs.shovehost.com

Thanks for any help!

Admin CP>>Configuration>>Custom Profile Fields.

As for
Quote:the same name can only be used once
Not sure on that one Sad
(2011-06-21, 06:23 PM)shovenose Wrote: [ -> ]Also, the same name can only be used once.

This would require a plugin.
I am sure that there might be at least two people in your school with same name. I wouldn't want one to register and one not too.
not first and last. which plugin do i need?
(2011-06-22, 04:14 PM)shovenose Wrote: [ -> ]not first and last. which plugin do i need?

One that hasn't been made yet.
Could you please make one then?
Or how do I make one?
We need a plugin like this anyway!
Making a MyBB is easier said than done. You have to know PHP + SQL programing in object oriented methods.

It takes an average web developer a few weeks to code the plugin. Add more time to integrate the Style-sheets/themes, Test it out for any bugs, etc.

Anyways, most of the time, programers that make custom MyBB plugins don't do the work for free. They always charge for their work.
(2011-06-23, 04:30 AM)PuppeMaster Wrote: [ -> ]It takes an average web developer a few weeks to code the plugin. Add more time to integrate the Style-sheets/themes, Test it out for any bugs, etc.

Wrong, unless it's a huge plugin it usually won't take more than 1-2 days.

(2011-06-23, 02:19 AM)shovenose Wrote: [ -> ]Could you please make one then?
Or how do I make one?
We need a plugin like this anyway!

(2011-06-23, 04:36 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-23, 04:30 AM)PuppeMaster Wrote: [ -> ]It takes an average web developer a few weeks to code the plugin. Add more time to integrate the Style-sheets/themes, Test it out for any bugs, etc.

Wrong, unless it's a huge plugin it usually won't take more than 1-2 days.
Well, In that case, I stand corrected. Thanks.
Pages: 1 2