MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: If I create an article plugins....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What would be the more useful index (main listing) layout? I currently have a basic article system on my site at http://www.pavementsucks.com/tech.php but it does not have an interface for creating and editing articles or any ACP options. Right now, I write the article in gEdit and paste it directly into the database

If the setup I have so far is acceptable (its mainly template driven anyway) I can work with what I have without starting over.

Sounds like quite a good idea, though xThreads can already be used to create a pretty decent article system.
(2011-06-21, 09:42 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like quite a good idea, though xThreads can already be used to create a pretty decent article system.

I realize that, but I don't like how it puts everything into the default MyBB tables. Also, there have been quite a few requests for an article system, even with xThreads out there.
I like it personally, i would love it released.
Go right ahead then Smile It would certainly be a good plugin to have available.
my main question is about the index listing of articles. is single category acceptable? is a basic list like I have already okay for the default index?
A single category's probably fine for most people really, though some will likely want to be able to add their own categories and stuff.
I need multiple categories, at least four deep :p
(2011-06-22, 07:05 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]I need multiple categories, at least four deep :p

really need four? dealing with nested categories can be a PITA. I may support two levels.
I need four because i want to use this in place of a lyrics script, as it would be a larger PITA to integrate one. Four is enough to go from main > letter > band >albums.

If you can't offically support four, may i request that feature be added privately, i will try to compensate, but i don't have much atm.
Pages: 1 2