MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO links not working though install successful
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Guys,
This is driving me nuts. I have myBB 1.6v and I would like to add google seo plugin.

I could install it successfully and could see options in my admin CP. but when I click links on my forum it changes the name of the url all right but I get 404 Error.

I am not bale to find the answer for that.

Can anybody please help
regards,
Aveshd
You haven't made the necessary changes to .htaccess

On the plugin page under the google_seo plugin it will show you what you need to put in htaccess
(2011-06-22, 12:37 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]You haven't made the necessary changes to .htaccess

On the plugin page under the google_seo plugin it will show you what you need to put in htaccess

Thank you for your reply. I rechecked my .htacess file and its fine, there are not many things needs to be chaged except the correct path to the folders.
I couldn't figure out so I reinstalled the plug-in and now I have very wierd problem:
On plugin menu it tells me to congifure the google seo plugin and when I change my settings (yes to almost all the choices except a few), nothing happens. When I rechek my plug-in page its stil shows me that I need to configure my google seo settings. When I click on the links I see no chnages to the url's
I have also made sure that I have correct functions.php file in /inc folder.

One more thing I know it wont matter but still, my website is windows NT server.

regards,
Aveshd
Yeah...the same case is for mine also....
I had faced .htaccess problem but now i have fixed it....but after that there is no problem shown..
It just not working.......

Just open a new page with 404 error and a google search bar and nothing happened......

How can it be solved??????????
(2011-06-22, 12:49 PM)aveshd Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-22, 12:37 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]You haven't made the necessary changes to .htaccess

Thank you for your reply. I rechecked my .htacess file and its fine, there are not many things needs to be chaged except the correct path to the folders.
I couldn't figure out so I reinstalled the plug-in and now I have very wierd problem:
On plugin menu it tells me to congifure the google seo plugin and when I change my settings (yes to almost all the choices except a few), nothing happens. When I rechek my plug-in page its stil shows me that I need to configure my google seo settings. When I click on the links I see no chnages to the url's

One more thing I know it wont matter but still, my website is windows NT server.

regards,
Aveshd

Are you using Apache on Windows NT or are you using IIS as your webserver? IIS does not support htaccess so thats probably where you problem is.

You can check out this thread and see if it might help you.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-95631-p...#pid699220
(2011-06-23, 10:10 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-22, 12:49 PM)aveshd Wrote: [ -> ]

regards,
Aveshd

Are you using Apache on Windows NT or are you using IIS as your webserver? IIS does not support htaccess so thats probably where you problem is.

You can check out this thread and see if it might help you.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-95631-p...#pid699220

Thank you for your reply. I wan using windows NT and switched my site to linux based. Everything started working.

I need informaiton about how Google seo plugin works with sitemap. My sitemap settings are on in the plug-in but I do not see any xml file in directories. Caould you please direct me to a forum link or tell it your self

thank you once again for replying.

(2011-06-22, 02:07 PM)mindbb Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah...the same case is for mine also....
I had faced .htaccess problem but now i have fixed it....but after that there is no problem shown..
It just not working.......

Just open a new page with 404 error and a google search bar and nothing happened......

How can it be solved??????????

I fixed it by switching to linux server. I have Godaddy account and apparently mod_rewrite in not enabled in their windows server.
Please do a simple test and see its enable in your website
here is a helpful link. IN the fisrt part of this page author shows how to test for mod_rewrite
www.ajdija.com/.../how-to-install-google-seo-mybb-plugin/