MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Harry Potter] NEW Forum - TheBoyWhoLived.net
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: idoMcO.png]

GRAND OPENING

I am proud to announce the Grand 'Opening' of TheBoyWhoLived.Net.

This website is a fan-based Harry Potter forum powered with MyBB forum software. The concept and idea was created when Irreligious sent a private message to xerotic in regards to making a Harry Potter based forum.

From there, Irreligious and xerotic spent hours thinking of a good domain name, getting decent hosting, and setting up the forum.
Now, we have a fantastic domain name, a great custom theme, and two dedicated admins to keep the forum alive.

----------------------------

Plugins and Features:

A few of our plugins include...
  • MyAwards
    • From mybbcentral.com
  • UserGroup Legend On Index
    • From thingiej.be
  • Spoiler MyCode
    • From elitev2.com
  • Tabbed Menu
    • From mybbcentral.com
  • Username History w/ Time Restriction
    • From mybbcentral.com
  • YouTube BBCode
    • mybbcentral.com
  • Sorting Hat
    • By xerotic
  • And many more!

Administration and Usergroups:

On our site, every member will have the opportunity to use the sorting hat to be sorted into a random Hogwarts House (Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, or Slytherin). This will be their usergroup.
Each house will have its own private forum area, moderated by two users (prefects).

In addition to this, you can also get VIP membership with additional features. As of now, VIP membership will be given through contests on site.

Staff
  • Headmaster - Administrator
  • Auror - Global Moderator
  • Professor - Sectional Moderator

----------------------------

What are you waiting for? Go register!

See you there, wizard Smile

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
Nice theme. Good luck.
Try to fill up the empty forums.
Thanks, kavin. Smile
Very nice, I especially like the domain name! Good luck.

I have to agree with kavin though, you should either remove some forums or quickly fill up the empty ones.
Thanks, faviouz. The forum has already good members and good posts, almost 70 members and 1k posts in the first day. Smile

[Image: signature.php?uid=2]
This site is pretty nice as is, but if you invested in a professional/custom theme and utilized some better plugins (and adapt them to fit the harry potter theme) I think it could really take off.

Either way good luck with it and if you decide to take my advice you'll probably see me signed up there. Smile
Thanks for the suggestions, Civil Engineer. We are working hard to keep the forum the most harry potter related possible (eg.: instead of PMs there are Owls and basic things like this). We already created a plugin for the Sorting Hat and now we are making a plugin for the House Points and House Cup.

And yes, we will change the theme but not for now, we can't afford that.

J.K.Rowling will announce something in 6 hours, you can see it here: http://www.theboywholived.net/misc.php?page=announce

Smile
2 days now. Here are the stats:

Our members have made a total of 2,405 posts in 272 threads.
We currently have 118 members registered.

The community is growing very nicely, we already have good members that are helping the community. What are you waiting for? Join now! Smile
Added new sections to the forum, like Commons Area (section to all the houses), Classrooms and other off-topic sections.

Update about the stats:

TheBoyWhoLived.net Wrote:Our members have made a total of 3,642 posts in 401 threads.
We currently have 155 members registered.

[Image: signature.php?uid=2]
The community seems to be growing pretty fast. Looking forward to see your plans for the future!
Pages: 1 2