MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.6.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey,

i downloaded the mybb package 1.6.3 and when i uploaded it, it didn't work. I looked through it and found our that the mybb setting.php and config.php file is blank and i think it needs to be fixed.

thanks,
Ace1
Were you upgrading from another version of MyBB? Or was it a fresh install?
for the fresh install there should be a sample config.php (config.default.php) . it is a blank file in the package..
You need to install MyBB first via www.domain.com/install/
You will need to change www.domain.com with your own domain name of course.

http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Installing
(2011-06-22, 04:30 PM)Ace1 Wrote: [ -> ]hey,

i downloaded the mybb package 1.6.3 and when i uploaded it, it didn't work. I looked through it and found our that the mybb setting.php and config.php file is blank and i think it needs to be fixed.

thanks,
Ace1

They are meant to be empty. They will be filled up based on the details you give during installation.

*Ofcourse, i'm again saying what ranjani and Aries already said. Toungue
(2011-06-22, 04:30 PM)Ace1 Wrote: [ -> ]hey,

thanks,
Ace1

Just to clarify what others have already said. Those files in a default package are meant to be empty. Actually there is no config.php file but a config.default.php which will get renamed to config.php by the installer or you will be asked to rename it manually if the installer can not do so. The difference in the names is to prevent accidentally overwriting the config.php file when uploading new files during an upgrade.
The settings.php file is automatically generated/filled with the board's settings.

It seems to me that you just uploaded the files and did not install the forum. You need to first install the forum before it works.

http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Installing