MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wrong Cookie Path
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well everytime i log into my site it just refreshes the page. Also when i log into ACP and click somewhere i have to log in again. So i went into FTP and edited my settings.php in the "inc" folder to the correct cookie path using "http://www.dennistt.net/mybb/cookiesettings.php" but it still didn't work. When i go to the General Config. in ACP it never updated the cookie path it's still at "/"
You have to change the settings in the ACP after you're done with the PHP file. (As it mentions in the sticky)
Yea i can't do that. Because one i type in the path in ACP then click save it ask's me to log in. I log in and it never saved the changes in ACP. I even cleared my cookie's and all history in my webbrowser too.
Anyone have a answer??
(2011-06-22, 05:54 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]You have to change the settings in the ACP after you're done with the PHP file. (As it mentions in the sticky)

When i click save settings it asks me to log back in again. (As i mentioned in my last post)
And like I mentioned in my last two posts you have to edit settings.php first.
I already did that. That was the first thing i did via FTP Then i go into the ACP and change the settings click save and it asks me to log in. Once i log in and go back to the setting's nothing changed.
You're probably just not putting in the right information. If you can give us your URL we might actually be able to do something to help you.
it's xrforums.com/xrforums
in the admin CP it's just "/" i changed it to "/xrforums/" in FTP and when i try to change it in ACP to match that it wont save when i click save just ask's me to log back in again
Yes, your settings are wrong, you've not read the thread properly. However as you have hacking content on your forum you can't get support here. Read the thread again and read it carefully, the answer is right there in the thread for you, if you just follow what it says.