MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread specific Adsense
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i am looking for a mod that i can target specific threads with specific ads. for example,
cell phone thread = display cell phone, accessories ad's
automotive thread = automotive ad's
electronics thread = display electronics ad's

thank you
That's pretty much on you I think man, that or on Google's AdSense detection technology. The plugin would have to crawl each post for key terms and then based on these pick from a pre-determined list of possible ads which to display. This is basically what Google does itself, so there's no need to redo it. This would be quite difficult and honestly I'm not even sure how it would work..you can't even choose which Google Ads to display can you? Google decides itself based on settings that YOU configure when you create the ad..so this is really a manual thing you're going to have to do I think.
(2011-06-23, 12:29 AM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]That's pretty much on you I think man, that or on Google's AdSense detection technology. The plugin would have to crawl each post for key terms and then based on these pick from a pre-determined list of possible ads which to display. This is basically what Google does itself, so there's no need to redo it. This would be quite difficult and honestly I'm not even sure how it would work..you can't even choose which Google Ads to display can you? Google decides itself based on settings that YOU configure when you create the ad..so this is really a manual thing you're going to have to do I think.

Yea thats what I thought, I pretty much made a bunch of different ad's through google and put keywords in each with relation to the thread it will be sitting in, but is there a way other than slapping an ad in the first post toput them in seperate threads?
or a way to find the forum id code like /forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9, this would be the best way since i could target code by forum id
Please Help me Any one How can I put the google adsense to myBB forum