MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No right click
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
is it anyway to disable right click someone keeps stealin content off my front page i know they could screen shot but atleast right click would annoy them
The only way to do this is to run a java script code on your website that makes the right click create a popup menu taunting them. Even with that all computer savy people have to do is hit the edit button on their browser and view the page source. This allows them to see all the content on your website without having to right click.
yea i understand that but i cant figure out where the code goes
use the java script at the bottom of headerinclude template
1. Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Your Template Set > Ungrouped Templates > headerinclude.

2. Find:

{$newpmmsg}

3. Add before:

<script language="JavaScript"> <!--
// No rightclick script v.2.5
// (c) 1998 barts1000
// [email protected]
// Don't delete this header!

var message="Sorry, that function is disabled.\n\nContents & Graphics Copyright ©your name\nOur work is not Public Domain, and should NOT be taken from this site."; // Message for the alert box

// Don't edit below!

function click(e) {
if (document.all) {
if (event.button == 2) {
alert(message);
return false;
}
}
if (document.layers) {
if (e.which == 3) {
alert(message);
return false;
}
}
}
if (document.layers) {
document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);
}
document.onmousedown=click;
// --> </script>

This works on most browsers, but there are multiple ways to get around this (e.g. deactivate JavaScript in your browser). Basically, there is no way to completely protect your content from getting copied. There are even programs that read images and convert it to text, so someone could just take a screenshot of your website and run it through that program.
Why don't you just not let them view your pages while you're at it? It's impossible to stop people from viewing the source code, the browser has to render it somehow. Anyone can Ctrl+U (inb4macs/linux) to see it, even with this code.
This is completely useless to do. Anyone that wants to see your source code can.
And the source code and the images end up in the users' cache, anyhow. From there they can retrieve it and there's nothing you can do about that.
i wanted to block the users from stealing images on the front page of my forum not stop them from viewing source i dont really care about source code. i turned image hotlinking off but they where right clicking and stealing the images so my solution was to add no right click.,
(2011-06-24, 12:20 PM)awww Wrote: [ -> ]i wanted to block the users from stealing images on the front page of my forum not stop them from viewing source i dont really care about source code. i turned image hotlinking off but they where right clicking and stealing the images so my solution was to add no right click.,

You can't even stop that either.

There's several ways around this, they can even drag the image from your front page to their desktop/folder.

They can view your source code for the image, searching by JPG/PNG
I do this when I want the image and the site is using tactics to block it.

Then there's all the browser plugins that assist in the image downloads too. Fact is, if you don't want any of your content stolen/taken. Then stop posting it.
Pages: 1 2