MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB - Internal Error | 500 Internal Server Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've contacted host and told me that it's set to 25. Increasing is only possible on VPS and Dedicated Server packages.

http://support.hostgator.com/articles/pr...sor-limits
may be some fancy plug-in / script is the cause - do you have a site & forum on the same database ??
(2011-06-23, 10:18 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]do you have a site & forum on the same database ??

I have 4 other websites on the same plan (webhosting package).
About your quesiton "on the same database". That, I don't have any idea if they are on the same database or not. I don't do the database thing manually. I just use Quickinstall to install websites and the forum.
As has already been said by those before me, there is nothing that we can do as this is a limit of your host. If however, you are getting that error and you can confirm that at that time you had users less than the limit then you should look at the other sites you are hosting. A badly written script that does not use a persistent connection for MySQL and instead opens a new connection everytime you run a query can quickly use up the max connections.

We use to get the same when hosted with HostGator, max user connection was 25.

With only max 8 members online twice a week we ran an hourly trivia quiz in our chat room which around 4 members used it and use to have the same problem, tried various chat programs and still had the same problem.

Came across a recommendation for MybbWebHost and asked them what their maximum connection was and was told 100.

Been with them for almost a year now and what a difference, can use the forum, Ajax Chat and Gallery at same time without any server errors and many more members as well.

Best move we have done and cannot recommend their hosting enough. Also works out at half the price of HostGator as well. Cool
I can vouch for MyBB Web Host as well, I highly recommend it!
Pages: 1 2