MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Background !?!?!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi every 1
I want to change my background to a wallpaper like this:
www.musicradar.com/forum/
How i can do that?
I aploded a wallpaper to my root & going to global.css. I edited this line:
body {
background: #222 url(images/mytheme/name.png);
to my background name.
Now my problem is that:
When i open my adress, my forum loding so slowly. whay?
Huh
URL to your forum? I just checked the link in your signature, but it's not loading slow and I don't see any background.
yes! beacuse its last background.
I've visited your forum using the link in your signature it seems to be quite fast. I don't see what the problem here is. Besides, adding a background won't make your forum slow.
Its last background. yes its fast . but when i uploding new background my forum loding slowly.
my background picture is 640kb.
You do not have any background set in your theme. I just checked your forum (again) and nothing has changed in the CSS comparing with the original Apart theme.

Put the background in the theme so we can see it and from there fix the issue.
ok! now i uploded new background. its sponge bob wallpaper.( its just 4 test )
Ok, I see it now and it's loading just fine for me. Unless you have a really slow internet connection, it should load pretty quickly (even though it's a relatively large image).
ok! thanks 4 u.
Over 600kb is not very user friendly, especially since it's a mobile forum. Do you really want your users to load such a large background image on their mobile??
Try to optimize the image, scale it down, compress it more, reduce the information in it by choosing a different image, whatever. But don't use a 640 kb image Wink
Pages: 1 2