MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: installed hide tags but when i translate into to greek im seeing as chinese
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys i have just installed this plugin:
http://mods.mybb.com/view/hide-until-thanks
ive change the english to greek via thank.lang
but when im trying to seing this i get this problem at the picture:

[Image: languageproblem.png]
where is the picture? i cant see that.
check it by selecting unicode character encoding view for your browser..
(2011-06-23, 04:49 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]check it by selecting unicode character encoding view for your browser..

and if i will do that the other people will see the exact problem so nothing changed right?
in general,
if your forums main language is Greek then you should be having the required unicode font
for Greek in your computer. it is same for the members of your forums. AND your forums
default encoding should be utf-8 to prevent font rendering issues.. when viewing your forums
the browser has to select default encoding to show the information with correct encoding
You must save thx.lang.php encoded as UTF-8 without BOM using a text editor like Notepad++. After installing it, open the file in Notepad++ and in the Encoding menu select UTF-8 without BOM. Save it and re-upload it.

You should also run the UTF-8 Conversion tool to make sure all tables are encoded as UTF-8 as well. Go to Admin CP > Tools & Maintenance > System Health > UTF-8 Conversion
(2011-06-23, 05:42 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]You must save thx.lang.php encoded as UTF-8 without BOM using a text editor like Notepad++. After installing it, open the file in Notepad++ and in the Encoding menu select UTF-8 without BOM. Save it and re-upload it.

You should also run the UTF-8 Conversion tool to make sure all tables are encoded as UTF-8 as well. Go to Admin CP > Tools & Maintenance > System Health > UTF-8 Conversion

thanks worked