MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Language files wipe themselves
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm having some problems with my language files. I installed myBB earlier today and mistakenly set it up with the wrong URL, so I wiped but couldn't delete the language files. Every time I tried to delete them they reappeared, each file with 0 bytes and CHMOD values of 0000. Now that I've reinstalled the language files are still doing this, and I've tried overwriting them but when I do it comes up with an error and the same blank files are still there. I've got some pictures of the problem following.

[Image: wipeproblem.jpg]
[Image: wipeproblem2.jpg]
[Image: wipeproblem3.jpg]
[Image: wipeproblem4.jpg]

My site is www.metanarrative.co.uk for reference and I think (not sure how to check without the website working, and without the language files it doesn't) I'm using myBB 1.6.3. Any help would be greatly appreciated, since I have no idea what to do.
Try and delete the whole "languages" folder, and then reupload it.
(2011-06-23, 05:10 PM)Spazmatic Wrote: [ -> ]Try and delete the whole "languages" folder, and then reupload it.

Already tried, the folder just remakes itself.
If you messed up your installation, then just start over. Delete all files and re-install from scratch.
(2011-06-23, 06:09 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]If you messed up your installation, then just start over. Delete all files and re-install from scratch.

I said in the OP that I already tried to reinstall but couldn't delete the language files, so when I reinstalled the problem still existed.
it might be better to provide your forums' ftp details to an expert here AND request to try fixing it..
( you can send PM to one of active experts by clicking here )