MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google and Link Exchanges
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just recently looked at this page, and I was astonished to discover that apparently Google does not approve of link exchanges.

Looking at the date it was last updated 6-20-2011, so I wonder if this just occurred or has been in place.

Does this mean that we'll have to take down our affiliate links so that we don't get penalized by Google? Sad
They are against link exchanges and directories because it's an easy of way of getting link back that may not have any connection.
(2011-06-25, 04:48 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]They are against link exchanges and directories because it's an easy of way of getting link back that may not have any connection.

I know why they are against it, I'm asking if this really does mean I'll have to take down all my affiliate links.
It's really up to you. I mean they offer no real benefit regarding google but it does potentially bring users from those other sites.