MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Possible for keyboard shortcuts to activate bold, italics, underline.. ala vbulletin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to move from phpBB to myBB...

ONLY PROBLEM IS... I thought that myBB was supposed to be more like vbulletin. One feature I miss from vbulletin is the ability to use CTRL + B on highlighted text to automatically add the [b] tags, and likewise for italics (CTRL + I) and underline (CTRL + U).

To the best of my knowledge vbulletin and SMF allow for this hotkeys shortcut, but not phpBB or myBB.

Is there a mod? or another opensource forum that will allow for this feature?

It might seem like a trivial feature, but I avoided phpBB for the longest time and ALWAYS went to the vbulletin boards for that one feature alone... and I'm sure I'm not alone. Several people complained to me about phpBB (which I only chose because it was free and open source, duh) and wanted me to switch away for one reason or another.

Any thoughts on this feature?
Well. MyBB and Vbulletin aren't meant to be alike, but they share similar forum structure.
Regarding your question, there isn't an option for it currently. But i think it would be a good addition.