MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Posting image directly without using a URL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I have installed myBB bulletin boad. It is nice. The only problem is, I cannot post an image directly and have to use its hyperlink. So if I have the image in diskfile, I cannot post it.

Is there any way to tackle this?
you have to upload to image hosting site (eg. imageshack.us , photobucket.com ...) AND use images links
BUT why cant you post images !?
(2011-06-25, 05:18 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]you have to upload to image hosting site (eg. imageshack.us , photobucket.com ...) AND use images links
BUT why cant you post images !?

Thanks for reply.

I mean if I just copy an image onto the clip board and then post it in the thread i.e., I do copy paste instead of specify the URL of the image. Some of the commercial bulletin boards allow this. I wonder whether myBB has such option or not?

You want to convert image links to parsed images? For example:

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/5425/...eradd1.gif

Would become:

[Image: exposifybanneradd1.gif]

No I am not talking about the attachment. I was wondering whether it is possible to post an image using simple copy paste i.e. copy the image from a site for example and paste it in the edit area while composing/editing a post.

Anyhow thanks for response.
(2011-06-25, 05:25 PM)zarak Wrote: [ -> ]... I just copy an image onto the clip board and then post it in the thread ...

No, never seen such method !!

Sorry, I had misunderstood you, but I edited my post immediately after you posted. Is that what you're looking for?
(2011-06-25, 05:26 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]You want to convert image links to parsed images? For example:

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/5425/...eradd1.gif

Would become:

[Image: exposifybanneradd1.gif]

That is approxumately what I want to do.

(2011-06-25, 05:34 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, I had misunderstood you, but I edited my post immediately after you posted. Is that what you're looking for?

When I right-click on an image some images don't allow me to copy their URLs although I can copy them on the clip boad. But myBB doesn't seem to have the option to paste it on the eidt area and then post it. Some bulletin boards e.g. vBulletin board allows this. No need to specify the URL.

I hope future versions of myBB provide this option.

I have never heard of such a thing. So what happens after you copy it to your clipboard? When you paste it, what is pasted exactly?
Pages: 1 2