MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySQL error on thread / profile view only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I was getting a MySql error on my sites homepage which was solved with a database repair but now im getting this message when I try to read an existing thread / post or profile:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
0 -
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server

I can make new threads and my host is saying theres nothing wrong mith my database and generally not being very helpful at all.

Even if its a host problem can anyone tell me what the problem is?
What are the plugins you have? And have you installed any of them recently?
loads of them but nothing brand new. Last one I installed was the welcome PM by G33K about 4 days ago but I deactivated it and the error is still there

(2011-06-26, 02:31 PM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]What are the plugins you have? And have you installed any of them recently?

Seeing as we're not your host, they're the ones you need to ask to find out what the cause is, not us, we have no way of knowing. The forum can't connect to MySQL, that's nothing we can fix or help with. If they tell you there's nothing wrong, when there clearly is, there's nothing we can do to change that.
(2011-06-26, 02:37 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Seeing as we're not your host, they're the ones you need to ask to find out what the cause is, not us, we have no way of knowing. The forum can't connect to MySQL, that's nothing we can fix or help with. If they tell you there's nothing wrong, when there clearly is, there's nothing we can do to change that.

cheers Matt, I just wanted to know what the error means because they are saying its a myBB issue and I dont know enough to argue.
(2011-06-26, 03:15 PM)Karlitosway Wrote: [ -> ]they are saying its a myBB issue

/facepalm

MyBB connects to the server using standard PHP functions, and even plugins will be using the same connection; if the connection fails, it's not our fault.
Thanks
I was already getting fed up with them so Im changing hosts.
Well now a second host cant find what the issue is as it came across with my backup. I cant figure out why myBB can access everything except reading threads.
Well, unless you've done something to your code, there's nothing different or special about the thread pages that would cause the database connection to fail on just that page. I mean it connects to the database before it even runs any of the showthread-specific code.
i added my coppermine database user to my forum database and that worked. Dont remember doing anything in there but obviously i must have