MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need hlp changing DisplyGroup to DisplayForum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK,

Here's the layout. We've got a gaming clan that for usergroups we are using military ranks. We are forcing Rank Avatars and not allowing the user to change them by removing all avatars and putting the Rank Avatars in a different directory. Every hour the system runs a SQL script via batch file to check everyone's usergroup and assign the appropriate avatar to that rank.

We are setting this up to where once a person joins our site, they will need to join a clan within the site. Each forum is a specific clan's forum. Once accepted they can post to any that they would normally have access to (general membership forums) but will have a "home base" if you will.

In the membership lists and everywhere where the DisplayGroup can be used (from the mybb_users table) I want it to display their clan (i.e. forum) name instead of their usergroup (Rank).

How can I make it to where their default forum name (clan name) is displayed instead of a displaygroup (usergroup) of which we are not using?

Thank you in advance
WOW - ok, no one's seemed to be able to awnser this is 2 days. So, I've got a work around that kind of works.

I've added a "brigade" field to the mydb_users DB. I have a screen that will update this for a user once they have been accepted into the clan they requested to join. This is a manual process on purpose.

Now, I have the field, it's being populated, but I can't get it to display on the memberlist or member screens. I've also updated the users.lang.php and added brigade => "Brigade name:"; (Or whatever the proper syntax is - at work, not looking at the code).

I have looked at both memberlist.php and member.php and, although I've made some slight modifications where I think it should go, I'm not seeing it outputted anywhere.

So, if anyone can answer this one, where - exactly - do I need to modify the code for this to display in the memberlist and the member screens?

Thank you in advance,
No one can answer my question?!?

OK, I'll just keep digging around.