MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Missing accounts after phpbb3.x merge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just merged from phpbb3.x to Mybb1.6 and have a few missing accounts.This happened in my sandpit and live system.Is there any way to manually move them over?
How many missing accounts, and can you give me some more detail please?

If you're just going by the number of records in the database, it will be different since the merge system by default ignores group_id 6, since that group is something special in phpBB3 that we didn't see a point in moving over. I think it may be unactivated users or something, I don't have a phpBB3 install at the moment to double check this with.
4 found so far, the accounts didn't migrate at all so the posts that the user made now appear as Guest.
Here is an example in my dev site which I used as a test bed for the migration before doing it in my live board.I didn't actually notice this was an issue before I went live.

http://www.86-944.com/Upload/showthread.php?tid=447
Ok, and from the source board find out what group that user is in. (Group Number, not name)
registered users Group ID 2
Thats very strange. Can you give me a screenshot of that user in the phpBB3 users table?
And you're sure the account is missing and not just disconnected from the post?
yes totally gone, they had a username not recognised error then re-registered with the same previous name.Is there any way to reconnect the guest posts to the new users?
Not without a lot of manual database work. But it can be done.