MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google Adsense, you are my demise.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Yes, that's right. Google Adsense, you are my demise. Recently, I purchased Marketswag.net as many of you know, and I'm happy to say it's quite a success. We've just recently hit 20,000 posts and it's only been running for under 2 weeks. I'm estimating 10,000 members and 100,000 posts in approximately 8 weeks. This is an amazing growth rate for such a young forum. Sadly, not everything is sunshine and lollipops, even though I do love lollipops.

I've got Google Adsense on my forum. 4/5 days ago, I was making $30 on a daily basis from the clicks. Every day we receive 40-50 clicks, yet Google only pays around $13-$15 for these clicks now, a 50% drop in 2 days. This is ridiculous, for such a large amount of clicks I should be receiving a minimum of $20. I'm extremely disappointed with this, Google Adsense has failed me in my opinion. $350-$400 a month from advertising is inadequate, if I was receiving a fair amount for my clicks, I would've had double this amount, which should reflect their profit respectively to mine. Mind you, I only have 4 Google Ads on my forum. I'm now looking for a new ad provider which pays more than $0.20c a click, extremely disappointing. I was aiming on making $2k-$5k with Google in about 3-6 months then requesting a large cheque from them. Sadly, this won't be happening.

Ahh, the days of a webmaster.
Good luck, but if you're getting that many clicks a day it may be better and more profitable to do direct advertising instead of through an ad program like adsense.
http://ww.buysellads.com is a good alternative but they are very selective so you may not be approved.

edit: They also seem to focus on blog sites and very rarely approve forums.. good luck anyway if you do try to apply Smile
(2011-06-27, 12:32 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Good luck, but if you're getting that many clicks a day it may be better and more profitable to do direct advertising instead of through an ad program like adsense.

Where do you think I should sell my ad spots at?

(2011-06-27, 04:22 PM)Civil Engineer Wrote: [ -> ]http://ww.buysellads.com is a good alternative but they are very selective so you may not be approved.

edit: They also seem to focus on blog sites and very rarely approve forums.. good luck anyway if you do try to apply Smile

That's a bummer, anywhere else?
If you want to go the route of selling your own ads, try DP ads. I'd never use AdSense, they're pretty unstable.
(2011-06-28, 07:36 PM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to go the route of selling your own ads, try DP ads. I'd never use AdSense, they're pretty unstable.

I'll take a look, thanks mate!
Don't be surprised to get your account closed one day. I got mine when I reached my second $100.

(2011-06-28, 11:22 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]Don't be surprised to get your account closed one day. I got mine when I reached my second $100.

Why would they do that? I've had the account going for about 4/5 months. Around $300 is in the account.
I've been using AdSense for years now with no issues with payments over $1,500 US per month at times
As long as your following the TOS, there shouldn't be a problem. A lot of publishers improperly place the ad blocks, add too many per page, or click their own ads often. Spending a few minutes out of your time to read the agreement and abiding to it will save you all the trouble.
Pages: 1 2 3