MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with wamp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Two days later, my computer shut-down unexpectedly. When I restart the window and run wamp server it starts all its services like PHP, SQL etc. But the programs like running MyBB on it keeps on loading... and it don't run. Similiarly phpmyadmin also didn't run. All other simple pages written in .php are running well.

Do any body know what the problem should be ? Undecided
No idea to be honest. Check your logs (apache/logs) and see if there's anything in any of them.

You could also try running xampp instead and see what happens (I have no experience with wamp).
How powerful is you PC? If its decent, run linux as a Virtual Machine. Far better for development Smile
I guess SQL is not running though it might appear to be active
- may be blocked by firewall OR could be port allocation issue..

WAMP forums should have a clear solution
(2011-06-27, 01:23 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]How powerful is you PC? If its decent, run linux as a Virtual Machine. Far better for development Smile

Its Pentium 4 with 512kb RAM and 2.4 GHz Processor.

(2011-06-27, 01:31 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]I guess SQL is not running though it might appear to be active
- may be blocked by firewall OR could be port allocation issue..

WAMP forums should have a clear solution

Thanks, I'll try to ask there.
Do you have skype running? It's wrecks wamp from my experience Smile
Unfortunately I've dozens of projects that are using this wamp server for working. I didn't used any other servers. Sad
Give XAMPP a try Smile
Make sure apache is loading. That would be he issue if the pages never came in. Try the WAMP forums though.
Thanks for the suggestions guys, really appreciated. Due to urgent coding of some plugins, unfortunately I re-installed the wamp again after un-installing the previous, all forums installed on that were gone Sad
Pages: 1 2