MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I don't understand Google SEO Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From the download:

3. Installation instructions

Upload the inc folder to your MyBB installation. It contains the plugin
and language files. For languages other than English you will also have
to upload the language files to your own language dir.

This is unclear to me. What MyBB installation? I placed the contents of the inc folder "Languages and plugins" into the inc/plugins folder on FTP, no result @ the plugins page at ACP. I placed the contents of the inc folder in FTP root.. No result.

What am I doing wrong?
It means copying to your forum's root directory, i.e. in the directory which you installed MyBB.

Copy and paste .inc/plugins/pluginfilename.php into inc/plugins/ directory of your web server and .inc/languages/langfilename.php to inc/languages/english directory of your web server.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-97433-p...#pid711997

The root of your MyBB installation is the place where files like usercp.php, index.php and memberlist.php are.
Still making that simple, MyBB Installation = Root = all contents inside public_html folder unless you have a forum URL with prefix like yourdomain.com/forum/
It's not just 1 PHP file but more than 5... These are the files that came with the download...

google_seo_1.1.13\inc\plugins:
google_seo

google_seo_1.1.13\inc\plugins\google_seo:
meta
plugin
redirect
sitemap
url

ill check out the like faviousz
Instead of copying all the files one by one, simply drag and drop the /inc/ folder within the plugin package to the root of your MyBB installation. If it asks you to overwrite the files, select yes.
Upload:

google_seo_1.1.13\inc\plugins\google_seo.php to inc/plugins/

And upload the whole google_seo folder which contains file like 404,meta to:

inc/plugins along with the files inside it. Smile
(2011-06-27, 10:32 AM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Instead of copying all the files one by one, simply drag and drop the /inc/ folder within the plugin package to the root of your MyBB installation. If it asks you to overwrite the files, select yes.

Are you sure I have to replace the entire inc folder? won't it delete all the needed files inside seen here?

[Image: qrawZ.png]

VS the inc folder that came with the plugin...

[Image: SABDB.png]
No, it won't. It's absolutely safe.
Great I see it in the plugin page in ACP now Big GrinBig Grin
And now I edit the .htaccess file in root right?