MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Restore database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I made some mistakes with the installation of some plugins and now my site displays some weird errors. Luckily I made a backup of the database before I installed the plugin. I followed this guide: http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Database_Restore - I am at phpmyadmin now via cPanel, tried to import but it says there is an error?

You attempted to load file with unsupported compression (application/gzip). Either support for it is not implemented or disabled by your configuration.

[Image: BbKMo.png]
extract that (use uncompressing sw , eg. winrar) to get a sql file. import it thru phpmyadmin
If what you tried to import was a SQL file and it still shows that error message, you will need to talk to your web host.

What was the issue with the plugin anyways? If it was just a plugin, it can be easily fixed. No need to backup your forum. And even if you backup your forum, the plugin files are still going to be there.
Just uncompressed it into a sql file, uploaded it (import) and it says this:

Error

SQL query:

-- MyBB Database Backup
-- Generated: 27th June 2011 at 03:02
-- -------------------------------------
CREATE TABLE `mybb_adminlog` (
`uid` int( 10 ) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`ipaddress` varchar( 50 ) NOT NULL default '',
`dateline` bigint( 30 ) NOT NULL default '0',
`module` varchar( 50 ) NOT NULL default '',
`action` varchar( 50 ) NOT NULL default '',
`data` text NOT NULL ,
KEY `module` ( `module` , `action` )
) ENGINE = MYISAM DEFAULT CHARSET = utf8;

MySQL said: Documentation
#1050 - Table 'mybb_adminlog' already exists 

Quote:What was the issue with the plugin anyways? If it was just a plugin, it can be easily fixed. No need to backup your forum. And even if you backup your forum, the plugin files are still going to be there.

I got an error when I visited my site after installation of the SEO plugin... Now I canot do anything anymore, no ACP no nothing. Only FTP. I also got a new and fresh functions.php file because I edited that to use the SEO plugin.. Still doesn't work. so all that is left to do is restore the backup i made before i installed the plugin...
still you can disable all plug-ins AND get back the forum & its control !!
please wait for the instructions ..
Lol how to disable all the plugins if you cant access ACP? Delete them via FTP? I already deleted all the SEO plugins and other ones and still get a weird and strange error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function add_shutdown() in /home/content/09/8042309/html/inc/init.php on line 227

I tried to delete the file above but then there just comes another file which gives an error.
^ hmm., in that init.php file you need to add below code (add it in between similar define codes)

define("NO_PLUGINS", 1);

Same error.
^ you need to trust an expert OR a contributor and request for direct help by providing required credentials
OR drop the existing database ; make an empty database AND import your backup - this is the method !!
ok thanks for the help anyways. Man, running a forum gives you a lot of stress.
Pages: 1 2