MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue. SQL Error: 1016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I get this error message when I try to enter a website forum... This is not my website and I need a detailed way to fix it if the problem is on my end...
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue. I am a beginner in all of this stuff so please help....

SQL Error:
1016 - Can't open file: 'mybb_sessions.MYI' (errno: 145)
Query:
DELETE FROM mybb_sessions WHERE ip='24.10.42.236'

Please help...
Thanks
Ask your host.
You're going to need to access your websites control panel and go into your PHPMYADMIN. Then you need to go to your forums table and locate mybb_sessions. What you want to do is run the repair option on that and it should fix your problem.

Afterwards go into the Operations settings of your mybb_sessions table and set the Storage Engine to MEMORY. This will prevent the problem from occurring again.
(2011-06-28, 03:51 AM)koz Wrote: [ -> ]You're going to need to access your websites control panel and go into your PHPMYADMIN. Then you need to go to your forums table and locate mybb_sessions. What you want to do is run the repair option on that and it should fix your problem.

Afterwards go into the Operations settings of your mybb_sessions table and set the Storage Engine to MEMORY. This will prevent the problem from occurring again.

The table did not crash, (It'd show a different error if it did) for whatever reason MySQL can't access the table's file.
Nope, I guess it happened to me once too and fixing mybb_sessions table got it to work.