MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB on Windows Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I might be talking nonsense.

I reference this thread: http://community.mybb.com/thread-71987.html. There is one problem where the answer given is 'This doesn't work on Windows.'.

Was that problem just one in a very long line of features and items which don't work in a Windows Server environment (in MyBB)? Is it often such problems occur where the cause boils down to it being run on a Windows Server?

Also, if anyone has any examples of MyBB forums running on a Windows Server I would love to see them. Essentially, is all MyBB needs to sucessfully run MySQL and PHP?

Just a question, and I appreciate any answers.
MyBB works fine in Windows IIS environments. However, there are certain items that are not functionally possible or allowed outside a *nix environment.

Also, the one feature being mentioned as not working on Windows is specifically a *nix function, IIRC.

It is no different than any other web application being run on Windows. It is dependent on the setup, permissions, installed functionality, etc.
I hear MyBB can't generate timestamps on Windows servers because MyBB uses *nix timestamps functions. But I could be wrong, it's just a rumor I heard.
(2011-06-29, 12:57 AM)PuppeMaster Wrote: [ -> ]I hear MyBB can't generate timestamps on Windows servers because MyBB uses *nix timestamps functions. But I could be wrong, it's just a rumor I heard.

if that was true, then there would be no date/time anywhere on the forum.

MyBB uses a modified set of ADOdb time functions that replace the default PHP date and time functions so that they work before UNIX_TIMESTAMP = 0 (which is the start of 1960). the ADbdb time library was deigned to run on Windows according to the documentation.
Thanks for the replies both.