MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 'The file upload failed. Please choose a valid file and try again.'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It seems that every time I try to upload an avatar on my forum, I get this message: 'The file upload failed. Please choose a valid file and try again.' Also, when I try to post a URL to the avatar instead, it gives me this message: 'The URL you entered for your avatar does not appear to be valid. Please ensure you enter a valid URL.'

I read through one topic a minute ago that said that it was an issue with chmoding, but I have no idea what that is. Could anybody help me with this? Thanks a lot!
check the properties of your uploads directory thru FTP account - change CHMOD to 0777 if required
I'm sorry, but I don't understand where to check the properties of my uploads directory. I use Filezilla, and I have no clue where I am to do that.
right click on uploads directory (on right side bar) OR select it and try in file menu / view menu

Edit : please see this
On the link you gave me, it said to CHMOD the entries.txt file. I have no idea where to find that file.
^ that was just an example !! you want to see the properties of uploads folder
so on your ftp account browse to your forums root directory ; on the right side
panel you have the folders & files list. right click on uploads directory and click
on properties ...
Thanks. I got it now. I chmoded the 'uploads' folder, but I kept getting the message when I tried to upload an avatar. But then, after I chmoded the 'images' folder that's inside of the 'uploads' folder, I finally got it to work.