MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What should I do ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Please see this: leetwarez.com/Thread-new-plugin-from-yaldaram

I was just googling around and found that. This is just one, I don't know how many plugins have been stolen from many paid plugin's sites.. So do I've to send a DMCA or write an email to this owner of that website ?

Edit: The guy is registered here too: http://community.mybb.com/user-39288.html
I noticed this site before, they were releasing MyBB Central's plugins (and still are), which I contacted labrocca about, but apparently he either forgot or wasn't able to do anything about it. They have tons of other illegal material there too, claim to be powered by their own software called "St. Caos" and removed Justin's copyright notice.

As for your plugins, until they actually release them for free, there is nothing you can do. And even when they do, I doubt it sending a DMCA notice will help. They are probably hosted offshore, and the site owner doesn't really care because that's the whole point of the forum.
There is no way to stop it. Just keep his website on record, if/when he starts using it, send a DCMA to his host. Or a C&D, depending on which applies.
DCMA can only help if he release those plugins for free.
That's really bad that he said this...
Quote:He just took some idea from the official MyBB forum and turn it live, now he's taking money for it, and can't even give it to the author of the idea for free...

Did he mean, he was the original author of that idea. How stupid he is to think others will believe it.

I just gave them negative vote in WOT. That's a thing i can do currently.
Thanks for the replies and suggestions guys. I'll wait till they post any stolen plugin.
Wow, how low can Leetwarez go. 'Come as guests, stay as family' - Nice to see they found out about Warez-BB, they probably have auto posters leaking from Warez-BB.

Unlucky Yald, their host is Santrex by the looks of it. Reporting of Santrex will do nothing though, I hate that hosting company, they ripped my friend off and never replied to support tickets.
(2011-06-29, 12:31 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Please see this: http://leetwarez.com/Thread-new-plugin-from-yaldaram

I was just googling around and found that. This is just one, I don't know how many plugins have been stolen from many paid plugin's sites.. So do I've to send a DMCA or write an email to this owner of that website ?

Edit: The guy is registered here too: http://community.mybb.com/user-39288.html

I dont think sending DMCA will help, because I noticed that their site is hosted on an offshore server.
(2011-06-29, 03:57 PM)Bapun Raz Wrote: [ -> ]so sad to see this dear i love you Shy

Awkies...

@Yaldaram;
DMC that mofo. I have had themes ripped before and it's a terrible feeling, that's why I don't make as many themes as public as I should.
Send a DMCA and leave it at that. Don't waste your time with idiots.
I really am against it,brother,Dmca is of no use,i have seen rest of posts too.
Why not take down the site,by just ethical hacking????
If they do not listen and continue such,this is the only answer !!!! Wink
Pages: 1 2