MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with FBConnect !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First of all for info. my host passed both the test. So I installed this plugin and when I tried to link my account an error pops up on the top.

[Image: 3eebb6.png]

Can anyone help me out ? Undecided
Make sure you added the correct Secret key and Application ID.
;o; Big Grin
I feel like hitting myself Toungue

Guess i missed one 'e' in the secret key Big Grin

Thanks Yaldaram you are my buddy !!
No problem , glad its working for you =)
Just one more thing....you have seen my theme "the cure" where do you suggest to add the {$fbconnect} ??
I think it would be better to place beside Search box ?
Has anyone found that using FB connect helps them get more people posting. I'm curious to if this mod actually benefits your forum?
I haven't used it myself, but I would say it does benefit forums. It makes registering a lot faster. Some users really don't like going through all those fields.
I have been reading though, that because of the way FB do things giving you more or less no control over things. That it can be open for being abused by spammers on your site and that's a downfall with it.

Not exactly sure what they mean by that, just something I was reading about on the XenForo forums the other day when talking about using FB Connect there in general.
[ just my 2 cents here - arguments, (if any) thru PM route please ]

I strongly feel that social networking / connectivity results in more spam for the forums..
Pages: 1 2