MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User Pruning - users removed that shouldn't pass the filter options.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This one has me stumped... I generally consider myself competent with this sort of thing.

http://thethinkingatheist.com/forum/Thre...1#pid36991

I attached a screenshot of my user pruning settings. My interpretation of that wording is that it should remove accounts that have less than 1 post within 7 days of account registration.

Otherwise I'm going to have to dig into the scheduled task code and check the code generating db query's to make sure.

And to the MyBB development team, I think your decision to go with the Yii framework in MyBB v2 is BRILLIANT! woohoo! I'm sooo looking forward to a v2 release!
Quote:Days registered before pruning by post count
Set to prune users whom have been registered for atleast the given amount of days.

this is really confusing !!
registered for atleast the given amount of days => users' registered days can be greater than number of input days

see here a couple of other confusions !!
(2011-06-29, 07:06 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Days registered before pruning by post count
Set to prune users whom have been registered for atleast the given amount of days.

this is really confusing !!
registered for atleast the given amount of days => users' registered days can be greater than number of input days

see here a couple of other confusions !!

Number of days since registration isn't as big of an issue to me as the post count, in my case I'm more concerned with:
MyBB Admin Config Wrote:Post count to prune by
Set to prune users less then a specified number of posts.

If I set this field to '1' does this mean less than or equal to 1, or less than 1.
It doesn't clearly define how it works.
Quote:Post count to prune by
Set to prune users less then a specified number of posts.

although it says less then
it appears to be performing less then or equal to
The wording is a little bit ambiguous.

Changing it from:
prune users less then a specified number
to
prune users less than the specified number

Would leave no room for misinterpretation. Of course the code/workings in the background would have to reflect this behaviour.