MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What do you think? How can I improve?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I am not really good at making themes, this is why I usually use an already made theme and modify it to my needs. I am getting slightly better (at least faster) at doing this.
I have just started a new little forum for MyBB discussions and also to host my plugins and then had to "make" a theme. So I had this theme I kept on the side for a long time to have a look later Jordan Lovelle made, I find it lovely. I used this one. Made some heavy modifications though.
Now I'm expecting from you guys to tell me what you think about the theme, and how I could improve it.

MyBB Talk

Thank you.
I like it Smile

The postbit buttons need some improvement though. The blue icon background doesn't fit with the light blue accent color so recoloring that would make it work perfectly. Also, try making the gradients less intense, meaning there shouldn't be too much of a change between the two colors.
This is Portal 2 theme by Jordan L. you ripped the theme.
Yeah, didn't look at the footer but keep the copyright even if you modify it.
Wbdev: go jump off a bridge you useless thing.

@wbdev: where to start? You obviously didn't read this thread and you obviously didn't read the "about" note. How come this was too hard for you? And even though, I didn't rip anything, it's a free to use & modify theme. And when I look at the comments in reputation I can see you "steal themes and remove copyright". So yeah.. You just wasted some numeric space.
Stupid kid.

@Ferron: thank you for the feed-back and yeah I more or les think the same about the buttons, but I find it hard finding a good color scheme. About the note to the original theme maker, look closer Wink
The copyright must remain in-tact in the bottom of the footer and appear on all pages, I'm afraid it can't just be on the "About" page. Smile Thanks for understanding.
Seriously...? Well, what about the "pro" version?
Yes, this is what the license states:

License Wrote:1. Permission is hereby granted to use, copy, modify and/or
distribute this package, provided that:
* copyright notices are retained unchanged,
* any distribution of this package, whether modified or not,
includes this license text.

If you purchase the Portal PRO theme, the license changes to:

Pro License Wrote:LICENSE:
Since you purchased this theme, you may do the following:
- Remove "Portal 2 Theme by Jordan Lovelle" and "Great themes by Jordan Lovelle" from the footer
- Customize the theme to your liking

You may NOT:
- Redistribute or on-sell this theme
- Remove "Powered by MyBB" (for you own benefit)
- Remove Some icons by Fugue (unless you want to be sued)
Ok please send me a PM with off board contact details or something please.
Thank you for purchasing the PRO Version. Having the copyright on the about page is sufficient, as you do not have to have it all. Thanks! Smile
Pages: 1 2