MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme Mockup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
IMHO I don't like the mockup you showed, please Mr.tnr, show us the premium mockup Smile
I actually like the mockup, though I must say it still has a long way to go.
Reminds me of a phpBB them to be honest, but I really like that layout.
(2011-06-30, 02:48 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-30, 02:17 AM)Mr.tnr Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to be releasing a premium mockup next week, and i'm sure you will all like it.

Remember the last post thread you started about this, you know the one, where you stated that the image program you're using is superior to Photoshop? Well in that post thread one of your post was this....

Quote:I'm going to design 5 Mockup and release them in 5 days, and I will sell each.

That post was posted on 06/19/2011! Now your saying you'll be releasing a premium "mockup" next week! How is anyone really and truly going to believe anything you say? You keep making such "promises", but have so far not delivered "the goods". The "mockups" you have already shown, you admit that they aren't very good, but seriously you've had plenty of time to create ones that to you are more professional, and show folks here......Just think how good they would look on a portfolio of yours!

It's kinda funny, last night (way before you opened this post thread) I gave you a "neutral" rep in your profile, and stated in it my reason! Feel free to prove me wrong by finally creating something worthwhile for all to see....I'm sure that if you are genuine, the money will "roll in" for you!

This is true, but I was away from my computer that week because of real life problems.
(2011-06-30, 03:01 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-30, 02:52 AM)Fluid Mantis Wrote: [ -> ]With everyone's negativity in this particular forum, I wouldn't blame any new designer for feeling disheartened or intimidated.

Yeah my heart goes out to him, or at least it would if he hadn't posted maybe 3,4, or 5 such post threads, with NOTHING to back them up! I tell you what Fluid mantis, why not offer this guy some money for his services, and tell us all about how good it is?

Maybe I will in the future. I'm a bit skint right now, but a new theme would be nice eventually. The only problem is the probable increased cost of a premium theme from this guy and a coder afterwards, as opposed to someone who does both. I like his theme he showed. He has potential but the theme isn't incredible. Following more Photoshop tutorials would be a good idea.
(2011-06-30, 12:48 AM)newbb Wrote: [ -> ]Sooo..... unprofessional!

I'm not sure if you're right about him being unprofessional, but I'm sure that saying that was not professional at all. Wink

Give the guy some space. Everyone has to start somewhere.
So when will you be doing these 'good' mockups?
(2011-06-30, 05:19 PM)itheme Wrote: [ -> ]So when will you be doing these 'good' mockups?

Yeah, I was wondering as well. Blush
I won't lie I'm all for someone trying to take a skill and turning it into a trade that brings in a little money. But, normally you have to start our cheap (maybe free), until you get your skills up and your name out there. If you try to rush it well you get criticized harshly because it doesn't look like you are putting in the proper effort to learning a skill properly.

I'll be blunt your mock ups are pretty bad imo and could be done in power point or word. I mean you say have a program better than photoshop yet show no real image manipulation when using it. There is a reason programs like photoshop, gimp, and fireworks are used in web design. I mean if all our images could be done in paint in a timely manner we probably would just use paint.
Pages: 1 2