MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installation Problems on CPanel X
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm running on CPanel X as my host.

Now, my problem is that the installer won't run. I installed it to /forum, and I run /forum/install/, and it doesn't work. I have tried adding /index.php to it, that still didn;t work.

I uploaded all of the files it says to, and it won't work. I tried following the CPanel guide in a certain section of the forums. If there's a CPanelX Guide, please tell me, because I found the Cpanel (which is different than CPanel X) on a Google Search.
Hello there,

Could you tell us exactly what is not working, what do you get, do you get any error?.

regards
I get my website's 404 error.
Check that you uploaded it to the right place. Did you upload the "Upload" folder as well?
Yes. I uploaded the "upload" folder.
Then maybe you had yoursite.com/forum/upload/install by mistake?

Hm..
That didn't work. Gah, this is getting annoying. I think that on CPanel X you have to make an SQL database.

EDIT: My host fixed some of the problem for me, but now it is just taking me to a Parent Directory.
Draconic Wrote:I'm running on CPanel X as my host.

Now, my problem is that the installer won't run. I installed it to /forum, and I run /forum/install/, and it doesn't work. I have tried adding /index.php to it, that still didn;t work.

I uploaded all of the files it says to, and it won't work. I tried following the CPanel guide in a certain section of the forums. If there's a CPanelX Guide, please tell me, because I found the Cpanel (which is different than CPanel X) on a Google Search.
cPanel X is the same thing. Toungue
I never had any problems using CPanel X with MyBB.

1. Check to make sure you have an MySQL Database properly set up.
2. Make sure the entire MyBB package is uploaded
3. Make sure the URL is correct.
Ah, a MySQL database. -runs to cpanel guide to work it-

EDIT: STILL not working. Here is the link that I am trying to use...
http://www.dragonitesabode.net/forum/Upload/install/
EDIT2: I think I have it working, I'm re-uploading the files now. I think I may have pressed a wrong button on my FTP Client, and deleted some of the files. ^^
Pages: 1 2