MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: users can't login in mybb after utf-8 conversion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
no. there is no ? character in username. a username with problem can be something like hadi65.
how ever as this utf-8 conversion thing is part of your mybb thing, it should operate as notmal while it not, and is there any real solution to reverse back this operation?

i mean latin-general by ascii. but so why you put that conversion thing in mybb? when it is needed then? i am from a non latin language and i ported my content to utf-8 to be sure on my language then you tell me it was not necessary! i'm really disappointed with this kind of support
a username with problem in logging in was containing capital chars as i changed it to small character problem is solved and i succeeded to login with username and password.
any idea?
any way to change all usernames containig capital chars?
(2011-07-02, 06:35 AM)aminrastgoo Wrote: [ -> ]when it is needed then?
It is needed when you upgrade from MyBB <1.2.0 or when the database has a wrong encoding and MyBB displays characters wrong.
(2011-07-02, 06:35 AM)aminrastgoo Wrote: [ -> ]i'm really disappointed with this kind of support
I have really problems understanding you. I still don't know what the problems is and what you have done to produce the problem. Why don't import a backup when you see there is something wrong instead of asking while your forum is online making more problems?
(2011-07-02, 06:35 AM)aminrastgoo Wrote: [ -> ]no. there is no ? character in username. a username with problem can be something like hadi65.
how ever as this utf-8 conversion thing is part of your mybb thing, it should operate as notmal while it not, and is there any real solution to reverse back this operation?

i mean latin-general by ascii. but so why you put that conversion thing in mybb? when it is needed then? i am from a non latin language and i ported my content to utf-8 to be sure on my language then you tell me it was not necessary! i'm really disappointed with this kind of support

Yes the conversion is one of the features of MyBB but if you do not know what you are doing or why you are running a certain feature and end up messing up your board due to that, you can't start throwing blame around.
You have been claiming your database was in ascii and now you're saying latin-general, none of the 2 are actual database encodings further confirming my belief that you probably didn't know what you were doing and messed up somewhere.

If you want us to have a look at your database and see if it can be reverted or corrected you'll need to PM phpmyadmin login details and admincp login
Pages: 1 2