MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding frame around the board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi again,

I would like to add some frames around my forum. But I dont know which file to edit to have this effect like in this screen:

[Image: 75256107.jpg]

I cuted the frames already, but I tried to edit some files to put some divs but didnt succes.

Anyone knows how can I make it?
thx
There's a tutorial on CSS-Tricks to help you do this: http://css-tricks.com/558-body-border/

For the four divs technique in the tutorial you'll edit the footer template in Footer Templates > footer. The others are just edits to CSS without any need to edit templates.
But I should edit the footer template for the frames in bottom only??? Or for all of them which is top bottom right and left?? because the footer is quite down, in the screen above I showed U the welcome_guest_block ..

This is my footer:

[Image: 34507431.jpg]

in red I marked the div created on footer template with border.. so i dont think so i should edit footer? any idea?
This is the code in the beggin of the footer template, the code is div id=UL
<div id="UL"></div>
<div style="overflow:hidden;">
		<div id="debug"><debugstuff></div>
Out of curiousness what is your forum url? That theme looks kind sweet! Who made it?
(2011-06-30, 11:10 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]Out of curiousness what is your forum url? That theme looks kind sweet! Who made it?
I dont have url cause Im workin on localhost. I took some images from a game website and Im trying to desing a board for my polish community, so Im making my own design of mybb boardgame . The screen above in the first post of course its my design from photoshop. And I want to have that effect on my board. That's why Im trying to find out how can I put those frames on my board.
You put the four divs at the very bottom of the footer template. They'll be positioned with CSS.
Yeah but in the tutorial the all position are fixed. In my case my frames are not border of the body but the content of the forum. Which means that my borders will not be the same if I will surf through the forum. For example my borders are not good in main index, its kinda screwed up but after looking at my posts (like 2 posts for example) everything is fine. As long as the content is extended, the border left and right are not working correctly.

Here is what I mean:

When the index is extended, the borders left and right look like this:

[Image: 44763524.jpg]

But when the index is minimalised, the borders look like this:

[Image: 151at.jpg]

As U see, the problem is with the borders left and right, this is my css:

For the Left middle
#LM {
width: 129px;
height: 100%;
background:url(../../../images/black/L.png) repeat-y  transparent;
position: absolute;
top:260px;
left: 162px;
z-index: -2;
}

For the right middle
#RM {
width: 149px;
height: 100%;
background:url(../../../images/black/R.png) repeat-y  transparent;
position: absolute;
top:260px;
right: 160px;
z-index: -2;
}

I dont know how to fix it. There is not another way to do the frames??
Someone can help?