MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Downloading attachments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm sorry if there's already a thread related to this issue. I'm having issues getting attachments to open correctly. I attach a .pdf to a thread and when I go to download the file, it opens as an application/octet-stream. Now, if I right click the attachment and click 'save as...' I can save the file, open it from windows explorer and am then prompted to select a program. If I select Adobe Acrobat, the .pdf opens just fine.

Why won't these attachments just open as a .pdf in the first place? The forum is designed for students of mine to be able to download music and other important documents. I can't see half of them being able to navigate the 'steps' I had to take to get the attachments to open.

The attachments are being made to threads in a 'Members Only' section. But, the same thing happens in the public section. I've attached a link to a sample thread demonstrating the issue.
Weber State Drumline Forum

I appreciate any help you can offer.
not sure about attachments issues ; however I'd suggest to use embedding method for pdf s , music etc.

pdf files may be uploaded to scribd.com (OR similar sites) ; music files may be uploaded to divshare.com (OR similar sites) ...

MyCode can be used to embed the required pdf , music , video etc on posts ...