MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin Activate Email
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
INFORMATION:
Name: Admin Activate Email
Description: A plugin which emails users after being activated by the administrator.
Author: Fábio Maia
Version: 1.0
Compatibility: 1.4.x, 1.6.x

INSTALLING:
1. Upload the /inc/ folder to the root of your MyBB installation.
2. Go to your Admin Control Panel.
3. Go to the Configuration tab.
4. Go to the Plugins menu.
5. Activate the Admin Activate Email plugin.

DONATIONS:
Don't buy me beer, I'm under-age. I do appreciate a glass of milk though! So if you're feeling generous, hit the button below.

[Image: btn_donate_LG.gif]

DOWNLOAD:
http://mods.mybb.com/view/admin-activate-email
Nice work Fabio. It might came handy =)
He is the author. Wink
Yes, I am the author. My name is Fábio Maia.
Great plugin , always fantastic help from Fabiu

Kathy

Great plug in Fabio - very useful where I run a privet members forum and only members can join but I do have one problem !

My username on the forum is "webmaster" and had never seen the message it sends to the member until today and I copy it below for you..

Webmaster,

Your account at Lydney Golf Club Member's Forum has been activated by an administrator, meaning you are now able to create and reply to threads.

Please visit the following URL in your web browser to access the forums:

[site url]
Thank you,
Lydney Golf Club Member's Forum Staff

It is addressing the email to "Webmaster" which is me, but it would be more polite to address it to the newly activated member. Can I change this somewhere ?

Thanks in advance
I can confirm Ian's problem, when the email is sent to the user it greets them as the admin's name, not the user's name.

edit: I am using myBB 1.6.5
I was aware of this but completely forgot about fixing it.

I will release an updated version very soon. I might even fit in a small new feature, if I figure it out. Smile
(2012-02-08, 09:55 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]I was aware of this but completely forgot about fixing it.

I will release an updated version very soon. I might even fit in a small new feature, if I figure it out. Smile

Is there anyway of automatically being notified of updates or just a case of keep checking mod or this thread? Great mod by the way. Smile

If you're talking about being notified of updates for this plugin, you can use the "Subscribe to this thread" feature below the Quick reply box to be notified via email. I wouldn't expect that many updates for this plugin after this one though. Toungue
Pages: 1 2