MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help Needed! (database backup) & (chmod to 777)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need help on how to backup my forum's database (MyBB 1.6.3). And how to CHMOD to 777.

Whenever I click Database Backups from my ACP, it says:

"Backup Functionality Disabled
If you wish to backup your database, please visit myBBnew forum hosting for more information!"

About CHMOD to 777:

It says, in my ACP's Tools & Maintenance -> System Health:

"6 of the required files and directories do not have proper CHMOD settings. Please change the CHMOD settings to the ones specified with the file below. For more information on CHMODing, see the MyBB Wiki.

CHMOD Files and Directories

File - Location
Configuration File ./inc/config.php Not Writable Please CHMOD to 777.
Settings File ./inc/settings.php Not Writable Please CHMOD to 777.
File Uploads Directory ./files/1/beybladeforum.mybbnew.com/uploads Writable
Avatar Uploads Directory ./files/1/beybladeforum.mybbnew.com/uploads/avatars Writable
Language Files ./inc/languages Not Writable Please CHMOD to 777.
Backups Directory ./admin/backups Not Writable Please CHMOD to 777.
Cache Directory ./cache Not Writable Please CHMOD to 777.
Themes Directory ./cache/themes Not Writable Please CHMOD to 777."

Please reply ASAP. And tell me if you need anything else to know if you can help me with.

Or.. could a webmaster do this stuff...? Cause, I don't have a paid hosting.

Thanks. I'm hoping for this to quickly solve.
CHMODing is done thru ftp account or webhost panel's file browser/manager

on FTP panel / web host panel :
find the required directory / file on right side panel , right click , select properties --> CHMOD

backup of database is disabled by your webhost. you need to find if it is a paid service
Since it was a Multiforums host, they won't allow you to take backups from your ACP. You need to pay them around $56 for getting backups, i think.
You're using MyBB New so we can't support you, as you don't have access to your files or anything, you'll need to ask MyBB New.
How can I ask MyBB New..? And, my forum isn't a paid host.. and I can't find a way to make it a paid host.
Email them...?? Not sure how else you'd expect to contact them. You host with them, you should know how to get in touch with them.
Never mind.

Thanks for the concern.