MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installed mybb, also created the database on mysql
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am able to go into the database on my hosting company, but by following the Wiki and doing my googling of what to do next regarding setting up my forum I am clueless. I went into a few of the database files on mysql however I did not see instruction on where I go to actually set up and design the database forum I installed. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Jayliquid
So you have install MyBB successfully, yes? As in, ran the installer?
(2011-07-02, 04:51 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]So you have install MyBB successfully, yes? As in, ran the installer?

yes correct, so that is where the Wiki article ends. I have the database on my host everything is good but i need to know basically is there a tutorial i can view or read on how to work with the files I have now installed. For example step one.... step 2... step 3 choose template and color.

That stuff again I am not a expert by any means on the internet but I am trying to learn and set this up.

awesome if you can help

(2011-07-02, 04:54 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Installing

Thanks ajs I was able to do this all the way through.. So I am scratching my head thinking ok everything installed fine what is next...
The Wiki covers most of it - http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Admin_CP

If there's anything specific, just ask. Smile
(2011-07-02, 05:01 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]The Wiki covers most of it - http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Admin_CP

If there's anything specific, just ask. Smile

Yea see I am not so savy I dont even know where to find this main login page. Sounds lame I know but where do I access the admin login screen? Is it somewhere in the database I installed or?
What's your URL?

The admin panel is located at yourdomain.com/admin
(2011-07-02, 05:06 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]What's your URL?

The admin panel is located at yourdomain.com/admin

www.barkparks.org

and I tried with the /admin and i got a 404 error:
Page Not Found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please try the following:

* If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
There appears to be nothing uploaded. What URL did you go to run the installer?
(2011-07-02, 05:12 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]There appears to be nothing uploaded. What URL did you go to run the installer?

the barkparks.org url

and created the database the same way

(2011-07-02, 05:14 PM)Jayliquid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-02, 05:12 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]There appears to be nothing uploaded. What URL did you go to run the installer?

the barkparks.org url

and created the database the same way

Sorry the steps I took to run the installer where I uploaded the Upload files to my file manager then went into the folder labeled install, and clicked on index. from there I got the welcome screen and proceeded accordingly.

Pages: 1 2