MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Today's birthdays only shows when I log off
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have mybb 1.6.3
Today's birthdays doesn't show when I log in as administrator. if I log off, it shows (as guest).
any idea why?

Edit: ok, I figured it out. I had DS configuration incorrectly set in my profit. fixing that + timezone helped.
(2011-07-02, 10:05 PM)hussam Wrote: [ -> ]I have mybb 1.6.3
Today's birthdays doesn't show when I log in as administrator. if I log off, it shows (as guest).
any idea why?

Edit: ok, I figured it out. I had DS configuration incorrectly set in my profit. fixing that + timezone helped.

How did you fix this exactly? I'm having the same exact problem...birthdays show up on the main index page when I log off - and my account is set to Administrator Sad

Thanks
^ your board time appears to be different from your own time preference at user control panel.

admin control panel --> configuration --> settings --> Default Timezone Offset
this time zone setting appears to be different from

user control panel --> edit options --> Date and Time Options -> time zone

make both the same as per your local time zone - that should fix it ..
Make it the same as my server / hosts time zone? Because if I make it the same as my time zone won't that effect other users in different time zones?Huh

Thanks again for your help!

^ the time zone in admin panel is applicable to the guests. All registered members
can have their own time zone preference thru user control panel. admin panel time
zone makes no difference for members. it is generally set to suit the target visitors
Okay, I changed the date and time format in the configuration > settings area to my local time. I still don't see the birthdays Sad
^ hmm., look at the calendar of your forums - do you see any birthdays for the current date..
"Edit: ok, I figured it out. I had DS configuration incorrectly set in my profit. fixing that + timezone helped. "

Is it working now?
(2011-07-06, 07:22 PM)Morsec0de Wrote: [ -> ]"Edit: ok, I figured it out. I had DS configuration incorrectly set in my profit. fixing that + timezone helped. "

Is it working now?

The OP has solved the issue, but Mags is another user with the same issue. Toungue
^ OFF TOPIC : that's fine as Mags is asking OP how he resolved it. the thread is not
hijacked as it had just a single post by OP and a similar issue is being discussed here.
moreover its a recently opened thread - so no harm in using it Smile
Pages: 1 2