MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Passwords not sent and how to change it for all
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

i have changes my phpbb to mybb and password's not workin' so all user's have to reset there passwords, when they do it from forget password page the email don't received to the mail,, !!

So is there any way to change the passwords for all member's at one time ? Mod or something in databases ? coz i have 670 member's can't do it manual
this suggestion might look crap ---- thru SQL query change the password of all users
to a single password AND send a mass mail informing the password & ask to change it.

AND enforce changing the password once user logs-in

see this for a similar problem : Reset Passwords '_Users' table
Is there any SQL code to do it ? or how ?
UPDATE 'mybb_users' SET 'password' = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6', 'salt' = '' WHERE 'usergroup' = 'x';

above query should change all users' belonging to x group (primary group) password to test
Can u change the mash password to 789123
so all member's i'll not think that the password has rested the same one Smile
first make a test user account AND test for password 789123

UPDATE 'mybb_users' SET 'password' = '0d06fd8cb26eb57f1a690f493663cc55', 'salt' = '' WHERE `uid` = 'z';

if that works then use below at your own risk Wink

UPDATE 'mybb_users' SET 'password' = '0d06fd8cb26eb57f1a690f493663cc55', 'salt' = '' WHERE 'usergroup' = 'x';

I have this error when doing it :

" UPDATE '***_users' SET 'password' = '48***660e8****7d37070***856e', 'salt' = '' WHERE 'usergroup' = '2' "
When merging from a different forum system, the passwords are usually not ported because of the different hash algorithms that the other forums software use. However, the merge system comes with a loginconvert plugin that takes care of this. You should activate this plugin and the users should be able to login with their old passwords and passwords converted to mybb's hash.
http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Running_t...php_plugin