MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Append new posts? [SMF 1.1.x->myBB 1.6.3]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to append any new posts (as compared to the conversion) so the flow of the conversation is not interrupted for SMF 1.1.x?

If I have to do it by hand, I'd appreciate the instructions on how to do that...

The reason I'm asking is the conversion takes awhile (much faster with the fix though) and I've got users from all over the world, so any downtime would be inconvienent even if I'm up in the middle of the night trying to get this done.

It can be done by hand, but there are no instructions to do so. However we don't support this, you're supposed to lock both boards before beginning a conversion. Its best to give your users several days notice, and make the board closed messages clear as to whats going on so the members aren't freaked out.
is it possible take the complete backups , establish the forums on local installation (xampp
or wamp server) and do conversion on local installation and upload new database for myBB..
(2011-07-03, 01:13 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]is it possible take the complete backups , establish the forums on local installation (xampp
or wamp server) and do conversion on local installation and upload new database for myBB..

Probably would work, but we wont support it.
Right now, the conversion has been running the post conversion module. Over 80,000 posts has been converted, with another 90k to go.. And I checked the board just now.. only 11 new posts. I wonder if the new posts come last or first of the query conversion?

If it's last, then I really don't have to worry about the appendage...

I know you don't support it, but can you at least give me a idea of where to start? I'm looking at about 20-30 posts to append post-conversion
You manually copy them over. But you'll have to figure out the new thread IDs and stuff on your own.

And make sure you increment the index too