MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help With MyShoutbox Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there anyway I can have it to where "New Posts" show up as a link in "MyShoutbox"?

I know other forum software have ShoutBox plugins that you can modify to make it do that. Help is really appreciated!
You want to add a link next to "View New Posts" which opens MyShoutbox's full shoutbox mode?
Not exactly, I want it to when someone makes a new post somewhere, it'll say something similar to "User: New Topic: Topic Name" and "User: New Reply: Topic Name" in the Shoutbox itself.

So basically, It'll look like "Admin: New Topic: Rules" and "mbw227: New Reply: Re: Rules"
Oh, I see. That's not the kind of thing you can just enable in the settings or edit a few lines. You will need to either hire a developer to do this (maybe Pirata Nervo himself) or learn PHP and do it on your own.
Alright, I remember before I switched to MyBB, the other forum software I used had a Shoutbox, and there were a few lines I had to edit to make it do that. Thanks for the help.
You can also place a request in the Requests forum and hopefully someone will be kind enough to do this for you:

http://community.mybb.com/forum-65.html