MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin Request: Attachment Download Approval
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I've got an attachment on my site that gets quite a bit of downloads, problem is I require 10 posts before it can be downloaded, and today I had a user named Linkin spam the whole board with "cool CoolCoolCoolCoolCool" Angry

So, I'm asking for a plugin that will let me approve an attachment download for members of a specified usergroup with a specified minimum amount of posts, so I can review the posts and decide to let the user download the file or not. It would also be great if that plugin would send either an email or PM to the user when either the download was approved or denied, with a note I can send.

If this has been made before, please point me to it, the adventure I just had with Google took me to some weird subdomains on the MyBB site and plugins that require you to approve attachments before upload, but nothing similar to what I'm asking.
Bump Sad
Wouldn't it just be easier to moderate the first 10 posts?

(2011-07-05, 06:21 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Wouldn't it just be easier to moderate the first 10 posts?

I never did like doing that, I always found it annoying when I was a user on a forum that did that, and I don't see a need for doing that other than the attachment thing. I'm not getting pounded by spam or anything.

Maybe it would help since I use Postloop, but idk, I'd rather have that plugin Undecided
(2011-07-05, 06:25 PM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]I never did like doing that, I always found it annoying when I was a user on a forum that did that, and I don't see a need for doing that other than the attachment thing. I'm not getting pounded by spam or anything.

Yeah, because having to wait to download an attachment is totally not annoying. Rolleyes
(2011-07-05, 06:38 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-05, 06:25 PM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]I never did like doing that, I always found it annoying when I was a user on a forum that did that, and I don't see a need for doing that other than the attachment thing. I'm not getting pounded by spam or anything.

Yeah, because having to wait to download an attachment is totally not annoying. Rolleyes
It's less annoying than having to wait before your posts are approved Toungue

And @Yaldaram, no, that's not what I'm looking for.
(2011-07-03, 08:27 PM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I've got an attachment on my site that gets quite a bit of downloads, problem is I require 10 posts before it can be downloaded, and today I had a user named Linkin spam the whole board with "cool CoolCoolCoolCoolCool" Angry

So, I'm asking for a plugin that will let me approve an attachment download for members of a specified usergroup with a specified minimum amount of posts, so I can review the posts and decide to let the user download the file or not. It would also be great if that plugin would send either an email or PM to the user when either the download was approved or denied, with a note I can send.

If this has been made before, please point me to it, the adventure I just had with Google took me to some weird subdomains on the MyBB site and plugins that require you to approve attachments before upload, but nothing similar to what I'm asking.

I dont get your thinking behind this idea. You want to manually approve what? How can you approve whether a user can download an attachhment or not? Like, what im trying to say is how will you know if the user has tried to access the attachment?

(2011-07-05, 07:02 PM)bongo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-03, 08:27 PM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I've got an attachment on my site that gets quite a bit of downloads, problem is I require 10 posts before it can be downloaded, and today I had a user named Linkin spam the whole board with "cool CoolCoolCoolCoolCool" Angry

I dont get your thinking behind this idea. You want to manually approve what? How can you approve whether a user can download an attachhment or not? Like, what im trying to say is how will you know if the user has tried to access the attachment?

A notification? And maybe an area in the ModCP as well.