MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Go back to MyBB default theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've screwed up big time and I need to clear everything out and go back to the default theme.

How do I go about this?
Just select your default theme in Templates & Styles.

I wonder whether you say, you screwed your default theme?
(2011-07-04, 06:45 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]Just select your default theme in Templates & Styles.

I wonder whether you say, you screwed your default theme?

No, I wasn't smart and heavily edited the default theme instead of creating a separate one from the beginning.
If you are asking how to get the default theme back with no edits, just make a new theme. When you create a new theme, you are simply making another copy of the default theme.
Go to Templates. Press "Add set". give it a name and add a set.

Go to Themes. Press "Create new theme" give it a name and keep "MyBB master style" in drop down.

It will create a fresh copy of your default theme.

Update:
Just noticed Joshua mentioned it already.
(2011-07-04, 06:49 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]If you are asking how to get the default theme back with no edits, just make a new theme. When you create a new theme, you are simply making another copy of the default theme.

I did that but it's using images from the default theme and it ended up getting all screwed up.
^ check images directory in theme properties ...

Admin panel --> themes --> current theme --> options tab --> edit theme ( OR click on theme title)
(2011-07-04, 07:22 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ check images directory in theme properties ...

Admin panel --> themes --> current theme --> options tab --> edit theme ( OR click on theme title)

That's actually what screwed it up.

I changed the images directory from images to images/mynewthemename and it got messed up. I then changed it back to images, but it wasn't the same... Now I'm here trying to figure how to resolve all of these issues.
this query might appear like a crap :
have you checked it on another browser OR have you hard refreshed the page (CTRL + F5)
Could you give us a URL?
Pages: 1 2