MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Strange overlapping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm not sure how to explain this so I've created a test account for anyone that want's to login and see for themselves. In an attempt to explain my issue it seems the welcomeblock of my theme is overlapping with a few elements I use for styling it and I'm not sure how to correct.

It should be immediately obvious where the issue is once you login Smile Below is a photoshop example of what I'm trying to shoot for but this is the last step and I can't seem to sort it on my own.
The issue, assuming it's the panel not covering the entire height, is with floats. Add this to your global.css:
/* http://www.yuiblog.com/blog/2010/09/27/clearfix-reloaded-overflowhidden-demystified */
.clearfix:before,
.clearfix:after {
	content: '\0020';
	display: block;
	overflow: hidden;
	visibility: hidden;
	width: 0;
	height: 0;
}

.clearfix:after {
	clear: both;
}

/*
	The following zoom:1 rule is specifically for IE6 + IE7.
	Move to separate stylesheet if invalid CSS is a problem.
*/

.clearfix {
	zoom: 1;
}

And in the header template (Header Templates > header) add a class of "clearfix" to the panel div.
Wow that seems to work quiet well thanks! Is there anyway to add a bit of padding to the bottom of the users avatar and the dashed line? It seems to be sitting directly on-top.

EDIT: Nevermind I managed to fix it Smile Thanks, +rep!