MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Many, many guests browsing through my forums.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have for quite a while many guests browsing through my forum.
Today it where 280 guests (which is unusual since the active people have been registered).

Now I wonder how to fix this? I assume it all are bots (I've set up Fassim Anti Spam & StopForumSpam which stops the registration of MANY bots who're trying to register).

Any help would be appreciated.

Tankey
I have checked?:O
checked who's online list at intervals.
could not find anything wrong from the list. if you see same IP address repeating
for many guests with the same time stamp then you may have to worry about it..
Check the time thereshold on who's online settings, make it 15 mins..Go to "configuration" then "whos online" there are two settings there..
Hello,

It are different IP's, but I assume it are bots. How can I reduce this number of bots..?

I have already set the time on 15mins.

Thanks for your help,

Tankey
(2011-07-05, 03:49 PM)Tankey Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

It are different IP's, but I assume it are bots. How can I reduce this number of bots..?

I have already set the time on 15mins.

Thanks for your help,

Tankey

How old is your site? The visitors may be legitimate, and if they are, you should be happy about it. I get about 250-300 guests a day on my site. If they are bots, they're not causing any problems as guests.
Just a question. Do you receive lot of spam posts/registrations in your Forum?
If yes, then its a thing to be worried about.

If no, then it maybe because you might have promoted your site much and people visit your site. But they may not signup as they don't like something in your site.

Just try to find the real cause.
Having many Guests isn't a bug.
Do you use mybbpublisher plugin?
Thanks for allthe posts!

The bots aren't causing any trouble as their registration is blocked by StopforumspamSmile

I'm not using mybbpublisher (yet)

If it aren't bots then it's quite niceWink
My site is around 2years
A two year old site should be getting that amount, usually Smile