MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Gathering info for a project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm in the middle of a project and I'm trying to gather information from the public for it, I've gathered some of it from chats with several people but I need a general audience to target for one particular question...

What is your preferred web-friendly font?

Please cast your vote and if you could, post the reasoning for it below, thanks!

Arial

[Image: georgia.png]

Tahoma

Verdana

[Image: trebuchet-ms.png]

Time new roman
Comic sans.

/troll

I actually like any font with some serif in it.
Sans-serif.

ps: Jessie your poll says comic stans Toungue.
Yes I know haha.
Btw get on msn.
I like Verdana for normal text and Georgia for things like banners and so on.

Time New Roman is for codes or things like that, don't like it for normal text.
(2011-07-05, 02:47 AM)Bapun Raz Wrote: [ -> ]is this for any big project Big Grin ???

You could say that.
I prefer Tahoma as a "default font" but it looks like crap on Linux.
Segoe UI, fallback to Verdana/Helvetica. Georgia for headers and the likes.

Bare in mind that you can use @font-face a lot more these days, even previous generation browsers will render it OK. Take a wander round to Font Squirrel. And. Don't. Use. Cufon.
Is this for what I'm thinking of, or something different?
(2011-07-05, 09:31 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]Segoe UI, fallback to Verdana/Helvetica. Georgia for headers and the likes.

Bare in mind that you can use @font-face a lot more these days, even previous generation browsers will render it OK. Take a wander round to Font Squirrel. And. Don't. Use. Cufon.

Major plus one on not using Cufon. I see a lot of designers using it where there's no need. I would like to mention the google web fonts service though - I use it quite often.
Pages: 1 2 3