MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: God dammit.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was hacked >_>

Http://Dev-network.com
Damn. He took a database backup too....
Website is looking fine here.
Looks completely normal to me too. Toungue
Same here. Unless you've already restored it?
Yeah I spent the last few hours doing it Smile

Damn pedobears everywhere...

lol wut

How'd it happen?
Isn't it like the secondtime this happened to dev nerwork?
Probably. A lot of people have been getting hacked recently for some reason.
It's very odd. I logged into my server (as root) and no passwords have been altered. I spent about an hour looking through the files and nothing had changed.

The forum index file (index.php) was unaltered. So I checked the usually culprits like htaccess. However nothing had been changed. So I checked my template in the ACP in mybb to find they had been altered.

Now this may seem like an obvious change, but I was expecting direct change to the files (through password stealing). However it seems the hacker managed to login as my admin account, but didn't bother to try my server, hotmail, paypal etc...

So either there is a vulnerability in mybb (or a plugin) or the attacker is seriously dumb.

@Alex, yes this is the second time Sad
I take it you only have plugins from reputable authors installed, right? It does indeed seem odd that a hacker would only change your templates and not try anything more - unless it was just a proof of concept somehow.
Pages: 1 2