MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Version Check
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a strange issue recently. When i try to check the Mybb Version, i receiving the below error code

Quote:Warning [2] curl_exec() has been disabled for security reasons - Line: 5495 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 5.2.17 (Linux)
[attachment=23275]

I’m using new version of Mybb 1.6.3 and I strt to get this error since from the last week only. Can anyone please help me to solve this issue?

you need to contact your webhost for enabling the curl ...
it might have been recently disabled due to some problems
As it says, they've disabled cURL, nothing we can do about it.
I already contacted my host and do the steps to install the curl in my vps. Please note their email replay as mentioned below

Quote:It will have 3 reasons.

1- You did not installed cURL,
2- Curl Disabled
3- Newer version of MyBB needs newer PHP.

In most scenerios it is first reason. Please check it, did you installed cURL or not.

If you do not installed it, you can use following shell codes for installing,

cd /usr/local/src/
wget http://curl.haxx.se/download/curl-7.16.4.tar.gz
tar -zxvf curl-7.16.4.tar.gz
chmod -R 755 curl-7.16.4
cd curl-7.16.4
./configure --disable-file
/usr/bin/perl -pi -e 's/\#define HAVE_OPENSSL_ENGINE_H 1/\/\/\#define HAVE_OPENSSL_ENGINE_H 0/' ./lib/config.h
make CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/kerberos/include
make install

If it is not still gives same error, check your php.ini for it is enable or disable.

But i still have the prob and unfortunately i cant find the php.ini file anywhere in my mybb folder

Can any one please help me to solve this issue
php.ini is available in php installation folder . it is at higher level of myBB folder
may be you can access it from your webpanel
It'snot going to be in the MyBB folder because it's nothing to do with MyBB itself. Go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > PHP Info > do a page search for php.ini and it will show you the location of the file.
Hi matt,

I saw the path of php.ini but how can i edit/enable the cURL in php.ini

[attachment=23337]
^ if you have access to php.ini file then open it in a special editor ( eg. notepad++ , ultraedit )
AND find ;extension=php_curl.dll then remove semicolon in the beginning & save the file

i'm using VPS mate and i'm newbe also. So i dont know how to get access for root php.ini file :-(
^ well, why not ask your webhost to enable it for you OR you should seek someone's help from here thru PM ...
:unsure: this external link might help