MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Version confusion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, I was really puzzled by the statements of many themes indicating they support version 1.6.

I have 1.6.3 Installed on my server and when I tried installing a few of the themes, for example "the cure", it gave me an incompatible version error.

Obviously i could check an option and override it but I don't want no problems. Are there ANY new themes? anything that is fully supported by the newest version of MyBB?
there will be no problems when you override the theme compatibility (1.4 - 1.6.x) ( corrected by AJS )
All the free themes are available at mods section of themes
It only says it's incompatible as it was created on MyBB 1.6.2 rather than .3. You shouldn't experience any major issues that I know of, though you can always run the find updated templates tool to check.
(2011-07-05, 10:01 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]there will be no problems when you override the theme compatibility (1.4 - 1.6.x)

Not true, there were many template changes implemented in 1.6 - using a 1.4 theme on a 1.6 forum is not advised. If you do, you'll need to revert all the templates or make the changes manually and add the new CSS classes.

There were also template changes in 1.6.3 so any theme for a previous version of 1.6 will need the following changes...

In forumdisplay_threadlist, find:
<a href="misc.php?action=markread&fid={$fid}">
Replace with:
<a href="misc.php?action=markread&fid={$fid}{$post_code_string}">
In index_boardstats, find:
<a href="misc.php?action=markread">{$lang->markread}</a> |
Replace with:
<a href="misc.php?action=markread{$post_code_string}">{$lang->markread}</a> |
Thank you this is very helpful, loving the community here.
So pretty much JUST change the codes AJS supplied me with and every 1.6 template will be fully functional as 1.6.3 ? with no bugs?

EDIT:

Anyone ???

I just looked for these two files:

forumdisplay_threadlist

index_boardstats

I could not find them in the template packs I downloaded.
So where are the files I need to edit?

I DONT UNDERSTAND. People just install the old template packs and ignore the fact theyre outdated ? or is there a place i can get 1.6.3 templates?
If the theme is designed for 1.6 you should only need to make the changes I explained above.

You can find the templates in the Admin CP >> Templates & Style >> Templates >> yourtheme templates