MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Deleting MyBB, fresh install, restore everything?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, I've really messed up with everything, and I want to start over, appearance wise. To do this, I've decided to completely delete my forum and do a fresh install. I have a backup of my home directory and forum MySQL database from cPanel, but since it's a fresh install, I don't think I need the home directory backup, so how do I go about restoring everything? I install the new forum and import the MySQL database. Will that give my forum all of the posts and members it had before? Where will the posts be? Will I have to create all of the same boards so they go into them? I don't know how to do this and I'd appreciate any help.
Install a new fresh MyBB forum as you would usually do. Then, take the MySQL database and import it in phpMyAdmin.

It will keep everything you previously had in your forum, including posts and members. And no, you won't have to re-create the boards. Those will also be kept.
I did a fresh install and restored my database, but I got this:

http://envizioned.net/index.php

Is there anyway I can prevent all of that from happening and just restore the posts, threads, boards and members?
That's because you haven't uploaded the theme files(images) still.
Edit : kavin's suggestion is precise
Quote:The requested URL /cache/themes/theme2/global.css was not found on this server

try to install earlier plug-ins AND add any template modifications that may be required for the plug-ins ..

Read this and make sure everything is as it says:

http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Help:Theme_problems
(2011-07-05, 05:11 PM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]That's because you haven't uploaded the theme files(images) still.

(2011-07-05, 05:14 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]Edit : kavin's suggestion is precise
Quote:The requested URL /cache/themes/theme2/global.css was not found on this server

try to install earlier plug-ins AND add any template modifications that may be required for the plug-ins ..

What do you mean I haven't uploaded the images folder yet? I uploaded it when I installed it.

(2011-07-05, 05:14 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Read this and make sure everything is as it says:

http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Help:Theme_problems

I'll take a look at that now.

And guys, I'm doing this because I want a fresh install. I WANT EVERYTHING TO BE CLEANED OUT EXCEPT THE POSTS AND MEMBERS. I don't want any of the plugins, template modifications, etc..
Well, if you backed up everything in cPanel, then it will restore literally everything. And that includes plugins, template modifications, etc. If you just want posts and members, you'll need to delete a few tables.
(2011-07-05, 05:28 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Well, if you backed up everything in cPanel, then it will restore literally everything. And that includes plugins, template modifications, etc. If you just want posts and members, you'll need to delete a few tables.

Even if I just backed up the MySQL database from cPanel? Could I export the MySQL database from phpMyAdmin and then that would only be the posts and members?
Especially if you backed up the MySQL database from cPanel. MyBB's backup tool offers you to select the tables you want to back up, so you can easily select what you want to backup.

But that's ok, like I said you can just delete the tables.
Pages: 1 2